Application/Business Development Specialist
We are seeking an Application/Business Development Specialist who will be responsible for researching and creating customer quotes for high-end automation systems, packaging equipment and robotic cells.
What you can achieve
- Provide clients with technical support through the RFQ stage of the project, including product consultation.
- Review client/consultant specifications and selection of appropriate products (custom or standard applications).
- Create automation proposals and conceptual designs.
- Provide technical support to the sales team in all involved markets.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to satisfy their requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams for concept creation.
- Develop conceptual layouts for proposals including standard equipment and potential new designs.
- Operate within CRM software, which includes maintaining the CRM and opportunity information.
- Develop forecast reports based on opportunity status.
- Communicate with sales representatives and/or clients on a continuous basis to ensure that opportunity status is up to date.
- Present application information to sales/ conceptual design group and coordinating concept development.
Why you will succeed
- Bachelor of Engineering (mechanical preferred) or similar technical background.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in a similar position and automation industry required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat, AutoCAD, and CRM.
- Demonstrated experience using technical knowledge to research and create quotes for high-end automation systems, packaging equipment and robotic cells.
- Excellent attention to quality, accuracy, and detail oriented.
- A proven ability to work under and achieve tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Confidence to present to medium sized groups of industry professionals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build collaborative relationships with others coupled with demonstrated experience of being a team player.
- Some travel possible when required.